Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Book Review: Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to BeGirl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I started Rachel Hollis's new book "Girl, Wash Your Face", I expected to like it. I'd already followed the author on social media so was familiar with her writing style, wit, message, and transparency. But this book was so much more than I expected.

With fierce honesty, Rachel debunks the lies that in the past have held her captive, stopped her short from being her best self, prevented her from reaching her goals and finding her life's purpose. But its more than that. She gives readers walk-beside-you advice and writes with a fire that spreads making the reader want to work past the own roadblocks and lies that are holding them back. It is a book that inspires and invigorates, shifts perspectives, and speaks truth.

Its not a book for just moms or just working ladies.  There are chapters that can speak to women in any walk of life.  In fact, I shared a bit of the book with my MOPS group earlier this month and had a hard time narrowing down which part to share.

Its worth the read.  Pretty sure I'll read this one a second time.

* I received an Advance Reader Copy from Harper Collins Christian Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...