Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Books While We Wait - January 2014 edition

As you know, we are buying a new children's book each month while we wait. Since the original post has gotten rather long to keep reposting, I'm trying something different this month.  I will still update the original list and have added a link near the header, but each month I will only post about the new book.  If you want to see the entire list, please feel free to click on the link and review the other ones :)


January 2014 -- One Special Day by Lola M Schaefer

This book is written for big brothers, celebrating all things boy (strong, fast, loud, funny, messy).  It is not about what the baby does, but celebrates the new the big brother role. It has simple text with great illustrations.  My son enjoys looking through it himself and can remember the text to "read" it himself.

My only other comment is that I think it would be nice if it came as a board book.  It works fine for us, but when I started to think of giving it as a gift, most of the new big brothers or big-brothers-to-be we know are closer to 2 yrs old :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...