Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday (11/21)

Another week of joining Autumn at Pretty & Mine for Thankful Thursdays :)  Its been a long week with my husband out of town for the second week in a row but I did manage to write something down about each day.  Here you go:

Thursday: Thankful for a candlelight dinner, with my kiddo.  He requested it.  So I went with it.  Candlelight and breakfast pizza :)  Makes my heart smile.

Friday:  Thankful for open gym at the preschool and the friends we meet there.  Also was reminded to be thankful for safety for all those running and playing kiddos as one little friend took a big fall (she ended up ok thankfully but had quite a headache).

Saturday: I was blessed with some much needed girl time, as a friend and I did a little shopping together in the afternoon.  Just being able to visit and enjoy a coffee without interruption was huge.  Also thankful an evening of great family time together at home after my husband's week away for work.

Sunday: Thankful for a breakfast date with my husband while the kiddo was in Sunday school.  Also thankful we got to drop off our Operation Christmas Child boxes, plus some from MOPS friends as well.  Loved seeing the big stack of boxes collected at church.

Monday: I was thankful to not get my to-do list done... seriously.  I was supposed to clean house. Instead there were apples in the dehydrator for apple chips, apples in the crockpot for applesauce, and granola in the oven, making the house smell amazing. There was a hideout/fort in the living room, a matchbox car parade in the family room, a pile of books we read still sitting out and lots of folded laundry to be put away. 

Tuesday: Thankful for playdates and friends.  We connected with 3 of my friends and kids through different parts of the day.  It filled the day with laughter and great conversation.  What a blessing!

Wednesday: Thankful that my son and I could help at Food for Kidz (packing meals for undernourished kids).  It is such a great reminder to be thankful for the plentiful food we enjoy... the fact that the fridge, freezer and cupboards have plenty and stopping at the grocery store is not a hardship.

Pausing to say Thanks on Thankful Thursdays
 
 
Besides just pausing to say thanks, as I was typing up my list I realized I don't always do a great job of telling people I'm thankful for them (not for what they do but for who they are).  My challenge for myself before Thanksgiving (next week) to send a few thank you notes to do just that. 
 
Have you given thought of how to put action to your thankfulness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...