Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just some reading...


Here's few things that have been encouraging to me, posts I've enjoyed, or other things that might be worth a look.

Adoption Related
I think one of my favorite things about National Adoption Month has been all the amazing posts, articles and adoption stories.  I read so many and wish I could share them all, but here's a few.

~ The Beautiful Mess - a touching look at adoption and our spiritual adoption

~ Julie Gumm put together a series of adoption posts for November that I enjoyed.  "30 Things I Know About Adoption".  I especially liked the one titled "There is no 'best' type of adoption".

~ A post by a birthmother, "It Wasn't Easy but It Was Right"

~ We now have a Facebook page for our Adoption Journey.  If you like to keep in touch that way, please go and "Like" our page :)


The Holidays are Coming...

~ From Abigail at Hope and Stay, a reminder to give thanks In All Circumstances, a thankfulness with grit.

~ A post for Mamas of Littles during the Holidays, a good reminder that its better to be present than to attempt to make it all picture perfect.  "You can apologize for showing up with the grocery store cupcakes if you want, but you don’t have to say you’re sorry for choosing your kids and your sanity over perfectly piped buttercream icing. You know what? The lady at the bakery can pipe buttercream beautifully, too, but she can’t read Thomas the Train with the proper voices like you can. "

~ A Tired Mother's Holiday Creed from Lisa Jo Baker.

~ We'll be getting our Advent Calendar out this weekend as Advent starts on Sunday.  I'm glad I had the time to put it together last year and only have to rearrange the activity portion of the daily cards.  What are some of your favorite December activities with family?


As the holiday season gets into full swing, I will likely be posting less.  At the very least there will be more fun holiday pictures than posts with much real writing.  And that's OK with me. 

May your family be blessed this holiday season and may you find ways to keep Christ in the forefront of your celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...