Friday, July 5, 2013

Random bits of encouragement and prayer


I've tried to finish this post several times now... instead it just keeps getting longer.  So here's some random quotes, articles and thoughts for today :)

I stumbled upon this quote while reading a book from a friend recently:
"There is something incredibly powerful about waiting.  It keeps our hearts ready and open.  Waiting and wondering are treasures to us when we are not overly focused on 'getting there' ."
-- Fresh-Brewed Life: A Stirring Initiation to Wake Up Your Soul by Nicole Johnson (emphasis mine)

I've also been loving reading through Hope for the Weary Mom: Where God Meets You in Your Mess by Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin.   The pure honesty in the book is refreshing.  I feel like I could "head nod" my way through each chapter.  Here's one such part in Chapter 8, after a discussion of Luke 5:1-9 (Jesus asking Simon to cast his nets again after a long night of unsuccessful fishing) -
"... sometimes I feel hopeless.  Sometimes I get angry at God when He doesn't do what I know He can do on my behalf.  I get tired of casting the same net over and over again and coming up empty.

And then I remember the magnitude of what He has already done for me.  I remember all things ultimately bring Him glory, and whatever He does do on my behalf is to make Himself known in all the land."

This article titled "Dear Moms of Adopted Children"


I've also been poking through a new blog.  MOPS recently launched a brand new MOPS blog, Hello Darling.  Go check it out, even if you're not a MOPS mom (MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers).  Moms in all walks of life need encouragement, to know they are not alone.  MOPS has been an encouragement to me and an amazing way to make connections and friendships after we moved.  Rumor has it that there might even be some giveaways coming...
MOPS International blog


I don't know where you are at today, what you're going through, or if you're day is full of more sun or clouds.  I pray that God fills you to overflowing, right where you are, in your mess or crazy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...