Monday, April 9, 2012

Homemade Lacing Cards

I admit it, I'm a "keeper".  There are some things that I hold on to that make little or no sense.  Sometimes I catch myself, other times an entire box of "momentos" gets moved from one place to another (for example: 10 yr old leftover wedding invites -- keep one silly, not all of them!).

A while ago, I caught myself in a "keeping" mode when sorting though a pile that contained birthday cards and valentines cards sent to my son.  Sure he loved opening them, but unless I was going to scrapbook with them (which is unlikely) he probably was not going to look through them again.  Plus I knew the longer I held onto them, the harder it would be to toss them later.

Instead of tossing all of them them, I decided to reuse some.  I found the ones with the largest pictures/characters on the front, cut them out, laminated them, added holes with the paper punch, and then bought a 68 cent pair of bright green shoe laces.  Ta-dah!  Lacing cards to put in my little boy's quiet bag for church.



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!

    P.S. I have slowly been getting rid of my leftover wedding favors (candles and keychains). I was finally almost rid of them and then I got a bunch from my parents who saved them of course!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...